Sunday, June 22, 2014

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio?



“A nation turns it’s lonely eyes to you.” (lyrics from Simon and Garfunkel, 1967).



Where has ThinkingEnemy been?
Ten months ago I suspended writing and publishing my blog, ThinkingEnemy. I had originally intended the blog as a simple series of responses from a strategic perspective to publications by others on issues of national significance. I quickly let the blog grow to the point that I was trying to produce several thousand words of high quality original strategic analysis each week. That’s a fine goal if it is part of your work, or if you do not have more pressing duties.

But in September of 2013 I began teaching several new graduate courses in homeland security and risk management, while trying to make headway on more than one book project.  Meanwhile, the Federal government accelerated the rate at which it was screwing up our strategic interests at home and abroad. As a commentator on strategic issues, I just couldn’t keep up. I had to prioritize. And top priority went to my students.

Well I am caught up with requirements, so I am bringing ThinkingEnemy back on line. I will return to my original intent with the blog – primarily strategic commentary on other writers, with a few original pieces as I have time. Hope you find the results interesting and worthwhile.

Joe DiMaggio (aka, Dave McIntyre)

No comments:

Post a Comment